M8 Cross Dowels/ Barrel Nuts
M8 Metric Cross Dowels with a 1.25mm Thread Pitch
Our M8 Cross Dowels are 12mm in Diameter. We stock these Lengths from 12mm to 60mm. We only stock M8 Cross Dowels in Centre Threaded version. They are manufactured in Steel and Zinc Plated for Protection.
Cross Dowels are also known as Barrel Nuts and Dowel Nuts. Cross Dowels are used to provide extremely strong joints and can be used in a variety of ways; including corner joints, framing and general flat pack furniture. They are ideal to use in conjunction with Furniture Connector Bolts.
When choosing the correct cross dowel it is important to consider
- The Diameter of the Cross Dowel (10mm)
- The Thread of the Cross Dowel (M6 Metric Thread)
- The Position of the Thread on the Cross Dowel (Off Centre and Centre Threaded)
- The Length of the Cross Dowel - Various Lengths from 12mm to 45mm
- The Finish of the Cross Dowel - Zinc Plated